Firearms Training and Concealed Carry Classes
Keep your calendar clear: Every season and every day in Charlotte brings something new and exciting. Heated sports battles, chart-topping entertainers and colorful city celebrations are all on the books.
Bowling Pin Match
Reserve A Spot
Youth Firearms Safety Instruction
SIGN UP FOR PRIVATE INSTRUCTION
Private Protective Services Board Certification
Concealed Carry After Work - 3-Day Course During the Week
Reserve A Spot
Private Concealed Carry Class
Your Destination for Classes and Instruction
One of the best ways to continually improve and reach your goals is through private firearms training. From first-time shooters to seasoned firearm enthusiasts, everyone has more they can learn in the world of shooting sports.
At Blackstone Shooting Sports, we offer one-on-one and small group private firearms instruction from our conveniently located Charlotte facility. We can't wait to work with you to help you feel more secure, comfortable and confident in your skills.
If you're ready to start improving your firearms skills, Blackstone Shooting Sports' one-on-one firearms training is the place to turn. Book your private firearms training course at our Charlotte shooting center by filling out the form below, calling (704) 414-6020 or stopping by our facility.
Be your best
Advance Your Knowledge in Firearms
With multiple class offerings, ranging from the beginner to the experienced shooter, there is a class for everyone! We have hi-tech temperature-controlled classrooms and a wide range of dates and times to meet your needs. All classes are taught by our certified instructors, and all shooting happens in our indoor range facilities. You can register for any of our classes online or just swing into the store!
Why Is Firearm Training so Important?
Owning a firearm is a serious responsibility. Being informed about how to properly clean, discharge, store and carry your firearm is absolutely crucial, no matter if you recently purchased your first firearm or are a seasoned veteran. Completing proper training allows you to:
- Get comfortable with your firearm. Maybe you just purchased a firearm from one of our personable staff members. You can enroll in an introduction of firearms course to familiarize yourself with your new firearm with the assistance of our certified instructors. This Handgun 101 course introduces new owners to handgun basics and is the equivalent to the NRA Basic Shooter course.
- Decide if you want a concealed carry. North Carolina and South Carolina law mandate a concealed carry course to apply for Concealed Handgun Permits. Enroll in one of our firearm permit classes in Charlotte! This course is for intermediate skill levels or after completing an introduction of firearms course.
- Prepare for the unexpected. Many firearm owners carry for self-defense and peace of mind. Target shooting is a great way to practice your marksmanship, but accuracy inside of the range doesn’t ensure accuracy under high stress. To protect yourself against the unknown, firearm instruction is helpful to imitate a high-pressure situation to ensure your accuracy is up to par.
- Defend against liability. Unfortunately, if your skills are potentially put to the test to defend life, training is valued by jurors and judges to deem you a “law-abiding citizen who is licensed to carry a firearm and trained in several firearm training disciplines.” Proper and consistent training reflects the firearm owner’s acknowledgment of his or her responsibility in carrying a potentially lethal weapon.
Classes to Fit Your Experience and Comfort Level
Blackstone Shooting Sports offers a number of firearm safety courses in Charlotte, NC, to cater to your needs. Our classes include:
- Handgun 100. NRA-certified instructions teach you everything you need to know about handguns. Find guidance in developing your knowledge, skills and mindset to responsibly own, handle and operate your firearm(s) through this introduction of firearms course. No experience is necessary!
- Seminars for Beginner/Intermediate Firearm Owners. Come join our Director of Instruction, Gunsmith and Instructors to learn about Leagues, Products, Cleanings, Non-Lethal Options, Zeroing and more at Blackstone Shooting Sports.
- Concealed Carry Courses. Blackstone’s firearm permit classes fulfill the requirement for the concealed carry permit. This is not an introductory course and will feature a live fire qualification on our shooting range, which consists of firing 50 rounds from 3, 5, 7 and 9 yards. There is also an eight-hour classroom instruction reviewing the laws that govern the concealed carry statute, the use of deadly force and other relevant issues. There is a class available for North Carolina and South Carolina firearm owners.
- Blackstone Competitive Shooting Series. Join us for our seasonal competitive shooting series with six matches per season!
Register for the firearm course that fits your needs or contact a Blackstone team member with any questions!
Hosting a private party?
Provide your guests with a unique experience at Charlotte’s most exciting gathering space! Blackstone has a variety of event spaces available and is the perfect place to host your next corporate event or private party.