Blackstone’s Youth Firearms Safety Instruction sessions are designed to teach children how to safely operate small caliber handguns and rifles and utilize them on an indoor range.
Blackstone’s Youth Firearms Safety Instruction sessions are designed to teach children how to safely operate small caliber handguns and rifles and utilize them on an indoor range. A certified Blackstone instructor will teach basic firearm mechanics, safe firearm handling, fundamentals of shooting, and range rules. Our customized one-on-one approach to instruction ensures that all participants feel comfortable and informed before ever stepping foot on the range. On the range, basic shooting mechanics like stance, sight picture, and trigger control are emphasized to maximize the child’s success their first time out on the range. By allowing them to learn in a welcoming and safe environment, kids will learn to appreciate safety while exploring the fun aspects of shooting! Upon completion of the course, the instructor has the ability to certify children (ages 10-13) to safely use the range under the direct supervision of a parent or legal guardian.
- Children must be at least 10 years old to be eligible to receive the Youth Range Safety Certification.
- Child must be able to see over the shooting lane bench
- Parent or legal guardian must attend and participate in each session
- See below for more details
- (3) Separate 1hr Private Instruction Sessions
- Basic Firearm Mechanics & Safe Handling
- Fundamentals of Shooting
- Golden Rules of Firearm Safety | Blackstone’s Range Rules
- What to do if....
- Live-fire Range Shooting - Pistol & Rifle (.22LR)
- 1-1 Hands on Instruction by a Blackstone Certified Instructor
- Eye & ear protection rental, firearm rentals, & targets
- A total of (3) 50rd boxes of .22LR ammunition - *1 each session
*Additional ammunition available for purchase.
SIGN UP INSTRUCTIONS
Go to the Private Instruction page: Select "Individual Training" > Select an Instructor and Date > During Checkout select "Youth Firearms Safety Instruction"
Members: Use promo code: "YouthSafety" for $250 off until 11/01/21
- Must be 18 or older to use the range unaccompanied.
- Minors 14-17 years old must be accompanied and supervised (on the same lane) by a parent or legal guardian.
- Minors 10-13 must attend and be certified by Blackstone’s Youth Firearms Safety Instruction program before being allowed to accompany a parent or legal guardian on the range.
- Minors 9 years old and younger are allowed to accompany a parent or legal guardian on the range ONLY during a Blackstone Private Instruction session with an instructor present.
- All shooters 18 or older must possess a valid Government issued photo ID or US passport
- Must be 21 or older to rent a handgun.
- Must be 18 or older to rent a long gun.